The Mission and Values
THE Mission and Values
Our mission is to provide a learning environment in which students of the St. Thomas College will have the greatest possible opportunity for academic achievement, intellectual development, and personal growth in a supportive Christian environment which recognises the rights of individuals to their individuality while encouraging them to develop a sense of community belonging, a sense of worth and a set of high ethical and professional values.
We strive to uphold the following values:
- High academic standards with encouragement of all-round excellence
- Equality of respect for women and men of all backgrounds
- Critical and creative thinking
- Spiritual reflection
- Integrity and ethical conduct
- A balanced approach to life
- International and inter-cultural awareness
- Tolerance of and respect for diversity
- Compassion for the less fortunate
- Working in harmony with others, and resolving conflicts
- A life-long aspiration to grow as a person And to serve the community
The primary goal of the institution is to motivate each of its students to become a competent, responsible, self-reliant and wholesome individual with a deep sense of goodwill and social commitment.