GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL - POLICY
The Grievance Redressal Cell of St. Thomas College of Arts and Science persistently works to improve its service rules standards and capabilities. It deals with the legitimate expectations of the faculty members and students for immediate and effective service. The cell anticipates its officers and employees to uphold truthfulness and transparency in their service to Staff and Students.
A grievance is a complaint or a strong feeling about unfair treatment. Such displeasures if left unaddressed and unsolved could end up with anger which spoils the image of the institution.
Therefore, the members of the Cell are constantly insisted to take an instantaneous action to solve the Grievances of the students and staff, within the prescribed framework of St. Thomas College of Arts and Science guidelines and terms of the policy.
- To develop an organizational framework to resolve the grievances of the students and staff
- To provide immediate access to both staff and students for their grievances to be redressed.
- To investigate the reason for dissatisfaction.
- To enlighten the students on their duties and responsibilities
Functions of the Grievance and Redressal Cell
- Provides information about the Cell's objectives and mode of operation through the website and college handbook
- Informs students of the process for registering grievances in the Induction Programs.
- Acknowledges and Analyses the grievances.
- Seeks a solution through the decision-making process.
- Reports the grievances and records how they were redressed.
- The procedures made known through the Hand-book, given to each student at the beginning of every academic year, and also in the Value Education classes taken by the Class-in Charge teachers
The Grievance and Redressal Cell shall receive and redress the grievances of the following issues:
- The grievances shall be redressed depending on the nature of the grievance. The Grievances are invited through suggestion boxes and grievance forms.
- Department-level counselling is offered where the matter can be resolved
- Grievances about academic and internal evaluation shall be redressed at the individual/faculty /HOD/ Principal level.
- Other grievances that require review shall be redressed by receiving a written and signed application.
- As soon as the application is received the Grievance Redressal Committee shall review the complaint and invites both parties for discussion. The outcome of the discussion is reported to the Principal for further action to be taken.
Redressal of Grievances
- All the grievances concerning women's harassment and ragging shall be dealt with by the respective committees as per the prescribed procedures.
- The Convenor of the Grievances cell shall collect and go through the letter and arrange for the redressal of the grievance of the students and report the same in the monthly meeting of the Grievance Redressal Cell.
- The letter of Grievance will contain the name and class of the student and be duly signed with a date. The letter of grievance may be handed over to the Grievance Redressal Committee.
- The grievances are redressed at the earliest by issuing warning letters, memos and reformation remedies. Priority is given according to the urgency of the complaint. In all cases, the aggrieved is informed of the measures taken. Checks in the system are introduced to ensure there is no repetition of the same complaint.
Complainants Form: complainants form