INTERNAL COMPLAINTS COMMITTEE
As per the guidelines of UGC, NAAC and the Supreme Court Sexual Harassment of Women (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013, the college has established the Internal Complaints Committee for effective enforcement of basic human rights of gender equality and assurance of an environment free of sexual harassment and abuse for the academic year 2021-2022.
The Objective of the ICC is to develop healthy and safe atmosphere for the faculty and students of the College and to prevent sexual harassment or exploitation of any kind. Policy measures and procedures are laid down to combat sexual harassment. The students are made aware by proactive measures through seminars and workshops. The Internal Complaints Committee of the college addresses the grievances filed in a confidential and sensitive manner.
Roles and Responsibilities:
If any student approaches a committee member either in person or through the complaint box placed in the college office or through online or by telephone, necessary action will be taken through counseling and conciliatory methods. Based on the complaint an inquiry will be conducted, and the matter will be addressed within one week from the date of complaint. The Committee will take the responsibility to ensure that no such incident happens in the campus.
Procedure for filing of complaint:
- Meeting will be held if a complaint is received by any member.
- The written complaint is taken and the committee prepares and submits the detailed statement of the incidents within two days.
- An enquiry will be held with the members of Internal Complaints Committee.
- The issue will be discussed and finalized within seven days.
- Minutes of the inquiry are recorded and filed.
- Counsel the affected students to overcome the trauma
- Display current laws and affairs about sexual harassment and gender discrimination in key places in the campus
- Conduct awareness programs and campaigns for the benefit of the students and staff community.
- Report of Internal Complaints Committee inauguration during Women's Day celebration at St. Thomas Hall on 8h March 2022 .
- Report of "Awareness on Self Breast Examination for Prevention on Breast Cancer" Seminar held on 25th March 2022 .
- Report of "How to become women of Excellence" Seminar held on 6th April 2022 .
- Report of "EARTH DAY CELEBRATION", PLACARD DESIGN COMPETITION held on 22nd April 2022 .
- Monthly Report of "Department of Computer Application-Shift I Women Students Meeting", held on 8th August 2022 .
- Monthly Report of "Department of Business Administration-Shift I Women Students Meeting", held on 8th August 2022 .
- Monthly Report of "Department of Commerce-Shift I Women Students Meeting", held on 10th August 2022 .
- Monthly Report of "Department of Computer Science-Shift I Women Students Meeting", held on 16th August 2022 .
- Monthly Report of "Department of Commerce-Bank Management-Shift I Women Students Meeting", held on 16th August 2022 .
- Report of "First Year Women Students meeting ", held on 17th August 2022 .
- Report on Orientation program conducted by the Puthri Project of Avatar Human Capital Trust to volunteer for Building Career intentionality", held on 14th September 2022 .
Dr.Susan Abraham, B.E., M.Sc.(IT).,M.Phil.,Ph.D.-Dean of Women Student Affairs