The library is an organized collection of information resources in printed and digital forms that is made accessible for reference and borrowing. Digital library is the electronic library, which the information is stored in the digital form. With the advancement and new technology in the field of information, students need to improve new skills using the new technology and must aquire the new skills as networking and web based technologies, on live searching of electronic database, e-journals etc… The new technologies have facilitated the transformation of data into digital format. Our library with the intention of providing free access of printed materials and digital resources with the altruistic goal of educational enlightenment and the better welfare of our students.
c) Library Rules :
1. Absolute silence must be maintained in and around the library. Loud consultations, animated conversations etc. are strictly prohibited.
2. Every student of the college is entitled to borrow two books at a time for a period of two weeks.
3. No book or magazine or furniture or any property which belongs to the library shall be taken out without the permission of the Principal.
4. Books dog-eared, mutilated,torn,scribbled or otherwise damaged must be replaced with new copies by the borrower.
5. Books lost must be replaced or three times the cost shall be paid as fine.
6. Reference books, periodicals and newspapers shall not be taken out on any account.
7. Books borrowed shall be returned on or before the due date of return. A fine of Rs. 1/- per book per day will be charged upto a delay of five days beyond which the fine will be doubled upto a delay of ten days. Longer delay in return will entail forfeiture of library membership as well as heavy fines.
8. Absence from college will not be ordinarily accepted as an excuse for delay in the return of books.
9. Names of defaulters will be reported to the Principal every week.
10. Arrears of fines and non-return of books will lead to prevention from taking the University examinations.
11. No book shall be checked out unless proper entries are made in the issue register and the borrower’s signature.
12. Library property must be handled with care.
13. All complaints will be dealt with by the Librarian. In case of dispute, the librarian will refer the matter to the Principal. The decision of the Principal is final in all such disputes.
14. All personal belongings shall be left outside the library before entering.
15. Violation of any of the rules will entail serious disciplinary action which may include expulsion from the college.
Mr. C. Radhakrishnan, M.Sc. (LIS)., M.Phil.
Working Hours :
9.00 AM to 4.00 PM.